by David Hachmeister, Owner, Care & Comfort at Home for Seniors and Veterans
We at Care & Comfort at Home for Seniors and Veterans get many inquiries about our relationship with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (commonly referred to as “the VA”).
We are a “Preferred Provider.” This designation allows us to work with the VA to provide care for veterans in their home. Under this arrangement, the services we provide are paid for by the VA.We are pleased and honored to be able to reach out to so many of our nation’s heroes and families to inform them of these in-home care benefits and provide the services they need and richly deserve.
You or someone you love might qualify for in-home care benefits
How is a veteran eligible to receive these benefits? Here are the major qualifications:
- The veteran must have served during a time of war, although not necessarily in the theater of war, even if that services was just for a day.
- The veteran must have been served a minimum of 90 days overall.
- The veteran cannot have been dishonorably discharged.
- The veteran must have a VA doctor and social worker make the determination of need. (This usually involves one half-day trip to a VA facility for evaluation.)
Many are not aware of their available benefits
Too few people are aware of the benefits that are available. In many cases, the decades away from service have caused our veterans to think that what they have done for their country as young people is no longer valued. This is far from the truth. There are many programs, support groups, and other resources ready to serve those who have served this country so many years ago. Some of these benefits are based on financial need, while others are based simply on the veteran’s service.
Contact us to learn more and apply
Would you like to learn more? We can help! We have services available to help you cut through the “red tape,” in order to learn what is available and apply for assistance from the VA. These services are available at no cost to the veteran or his/her family. Please contact us at 630-333-9262 or go to our Contact Us page so we can help you or a veteran you know today!
- Posted in Blog
- No Comments
- Tags: applying for VA benefits, assistance, at-home care, at-home care agency, Care & Comfort at Home for Seniors and Veterans, caregiver provider for veterans, help for veterans, in-home care, in-home care benefits, in-home caregiver, Preferred Provider, qualifying for VA benefits, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, VA, VA preferred provider, veteran eligibility for benefits, veterans, veterans benefits