Call today for a FREE in-home consultation! Available 24 hours/7 days a week

Getting help filing taxes for seniors and retirees

It’s that time of year to file tax forms! If help is needed with submitting tax forms, check out these resources from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

The IRS provides free publications, forms, and tools to help all taxpayers fulfill their tax obligation:

Special IRS Programs

If you qualify, the following free tax return preparation programs are available:

  • Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) — VITA offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and taxpayers with limited English. IRS-certified volunteers provide information about tax credits and prepare a basic tax return with electronic filing.
  • Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) — Via TCE, IRS-certified volunteers offer specialized help to seniors (60 years and older) who have pension or retirement questions.

Free Tax Resources for Seniors and Retirees

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offers resources to answer your federal tax questions and address topics that matter to seniors and retirees.

For more information about federal tax resources, contact the Internal Revenue Service. Contact your state’s tax department to get information about state tax laws and resources.

Information courtesy of

© 2017 Care & Comfort at Home. All rights reserved. Website services provided by LaCroix Creative.